Key English Test (KET) is the qualification which is the prove the ability to make you able to communicate in the English language. At simple situations you can communicate in English language.
The exam tests all four English language skills with the reading, writing, listening and speaking. You must have the confidence of study of higher level exams. The Key English Test is the easiest of the Cambridge exams.
- If you want to know your studies have started well You have a basic knowledge of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- The test has three sections:
- Reading & Writing – 70 minutes, 56 questions
- Listening – 25 minutes
- Speaking – 8-10 minutes
There are two versions of the KET test:
KET for Schools
- Both versions have the same type of questions. The KET for schools test has content of interest to school-age learners.
- The Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking sections each count for 25% of the marks.
What is KET Test For Basic English Language Both Written and Spoken English
How much does it cost to take KET?
Fees are set by test centres. Expect to pay around €120 euros.
- Both versions are made up of three exam papers, which incorporate all four language skills (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking).
- The Speaking paper is taken face-to-face and candidates have the choice of taking the Reading and Writing paper and Listening paper on a computer or on paper.
- Reading and Writing (1 hour 10 minutes – 50% of total marks)
- The Reading and Writing paper has nine parts and 56 questions.
- Listening (approximately 30 minutes – 25% of total marks)
- The Listening paper has five parts comprising 25 questions.
- Candidates are expected to understand spoken material in both informal and neutral settings on a range of everyday topics, when spoken reasonably slowly.
- Speaking (8-10 minutes – 25% of total marks)
- The Speaking test has two parts and is conducted face-to-face with one or two other candidates and two examiners.
- Candidates are expected to demonstrate conversation skills by answering and asking simple questions.
The candidates must have the skills firm on the language of English. The exam is available and taken on the exam center. The test when qualified will be given with best results that will help you out in the studies online and the abroad