Higher Education Commission HEC has offered the various Scholarships programs for the different eligible candidates. Commonwealth scholarships for Masters Doctoral Split-site study, and Academic Fellowship, tenable in the United Kingdom, 2024. HEC invites application from Pakistani / AJK nationals for scholarship program offered by the Commonwealth Commission United Kingdom. The scholarships are offered for three types of study programs in UK institutions for all disciplines, commencing from the year 2024. All awards will be made on the basis of the academic merit, quality of the research proposal, potential of the candidate, and the likely impact of the work on the development of Pakistan.
The shortlisted candidates will require to take an IELTS test to be arranged by British Council with IELTS score of no less that 6.5 overall and with no less than 5.5 in each band. The validity of IELTS test is not taken earlier than 01 October 2024 and no later than 06 March 2024.The British Council, on the request of HEC, will hold the IELTS test for the nominees.
Commonwealth HEC Scholarships For PHD UK 2024 Online Apply
Eligibility Criteria for Master/Doctoral/Split site scholarships
- Be a Pakistani citizen/permanently resident of Pakistan
- Should hold a second class Master Degree or equivalent
- Candidates applying for the doctoral study must provide the evidence of support from a prospective supervisor or at least one of their chosen institutions at the time of application.
- Candidates applying for split site study must be made in contest of an institutional link between the institution where the candidate is registered in home country and the one at which they are applying to study in the UK.
- Candidates must provide the evidence of support from their prospective supervisors at the UK institute as from their home supervisor at the time of application
- For awards to enhance clinical skills in the fields of medicine and dentistry, have qualified as a doctor or dentist between 1st October 2004 and 30th September 2009.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Academic Fellowship:
- Be a Pakistan citizens/permanently resident of Pakistan
- Hold a doctorate
- For awards to enhance clinical skills in the field of medicine and dentistry, have qualified as a doctor or dentist before 1 October, 2004.
Have been employed for at least five years as an academic staff member of a university. Be in the employment of nominating university.
Selection Criteria :
Final selection of the candidates and host institutions will be made by the UK Commission. The selection committee will grade the applications on the basis of:
- The academic merit.
- The quality of the proposed program/ study plan
- The likely development impact that a candidate will have after their award.
How to Apply :-
Detailed instructions are available in the application form and also uploaded on the website, which must be read thoroughly, before sending application. Reference letters should be submitted in sealed envelopes. Please attach following documents in your application package:-
- Details HEC-Application Form (Click here to Details)
- Fill online Commonwealth application form (for respective scholarship program) through Electronic Application System (EAS), from http://bit.ly/cscuk-apply selecting HEC as your nominating agency. Get three (03) printouts of your online application form (duly filled and signed by the head/Vice Chancellor), as described on HEC website. The applications without EAS Application form will not be entertained.
- Attach attested copies of all the documents and Annexure, as mentioned in the HEC-Application Form, available on the HEC website.
- Attach the payment receipt of Rs. 500 (Application Processing Fee) with HEC Application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose.
- HEC will conduct interviews of potential candidates through the experts at HEC and selected candidates will be nominated to Commonwealth UK.
- Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted, for further processing. The recommendation of nominating agency i.e. HEC will be final and binding.
- Commonwealth UK does not accept direct applications. All nominations from Pakistan will be routed via HEC. HEC prefers equal opportunity, however, females are encouraged to apply.
Last Date to Apply :-
- 13th February, 2024
Should hold full time university teaching post at the time of their application, to which they intend to return following any scholarships.