The scheme was announced in the budget speech of FY 2013 – 14 and formally commenced in August 2013 with coordination and consultation with Government of the Punjab. Since the schemes under the Prime Minister’s initiative was announced for five (05) years, the second phase of the Prime Minister’s Laptops Scheme has been launched for 2021.
During this phase, another 100,000 laptops will be distributed among the talented students as per the defined eligibility and distribution criteria..
CM Shahbaz Sharif Punjab Laptop Distribution Scheme For Masters Bachelors Top Position Holders in Matric Inter FA FSc When Announced will Update at This Page
To check application status
Eligibility Criteria (Phase-III)-Ongoing
- Students enrolled till June 30, 2021 but not earlier than their respective program duration as per the table below:
|PhD||5 years||June 30, 2011|
|2.||MS/ MPhil||2 years||June 30, 2021|
|3.||MBA 1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5||1.5/ 2.5/ 3.5 years||Dec. 31, 2021/ Dec. 31, 2013/ Dec. 31, 2012|
|4.||Masters (16 year education)||2 years||June 30, 2021|
|5.||Bachelors||4/ 5 years||June 30, 2012/ June 30, 2011|
|6.||Diploma of Associate Engineering||3 Years||June 30, 2013|
|7.||FA/ FSc (Only for FATA and ICT regions)||2 Years||June 30, 2021|
- Students studying in public sector Universities/ Degree Awarding Institutes duly recognized by HEC.
- Students enrolled in PhD/ MS/ MPhil or equivalent 18 year program
- Students enrolled in 1 or 2-year Masters degree program (morning and evening)
- Student enrolled in 4-year or 5-year Bachelor degree program (morning and evening)
- Students studying as distant learner in Virtual University of Pakistan or Allama Iqbal Open University.
- Students studying in government degree or postgraduate colleges of Federal Capital and Federally Administered Tribal Areas.
- Students of degree colleges of other provinces may be covered from respective provincial arrangements (if any)
- Students’ eligibility and enrolment status as defined above shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the HEI, however if there is any unforeseen delay causing ineligibility of students, then those students having their online application submitted and “Accepted for Merit” will maintain their eligibility intact.
- Criteria for Students enrolled in distance learning program at VU and AIOU, and students of polytechnic institutes of Pakistan and AJK shall be defined in coordination with respective universities/ boards and will be updated accordingly.
- No laptop shall be issued to those who have availed in the past from such initiative(s) taken by the government or by the higher education institute.
Please Note: Following students will NOT be eligible for laptops under this scheme:
- Students of any private sector higher education institutes
- Students of any government degree & postgraduate colleges except of Federal Capital and FATA
- Students who have received a laptop under any Federal or Provincial Government scheme
- Foreign nationals, except students from AJK and Indian Occupied Kashmir
- Any other students not listed above and/ or as identified and decided by the Steering Committee.
You must visit regularly and if you have any question regarding this or you want to give suggestion about our website and its working than, you can comment on our website there is comment section below for you to give feedback. For further news details and information keep visiting our website.