Agriculture degree normally contracted as either B.Sc.(Agr.) or B.S.A. or then again B.Sc.(Ag.) or B.Sc. (Hons.) Ag. is the primary college degree granted by the college workforce of agribusiness and rural schools. The program is 4 long periods of concentrate above Grade 12 High School graduation. Here we will describe Agriculture education History also will be presented History of organic farming, the Neolithic Revolution. Animal husbandry cattle pig poultry sheep Dairy Dryland Extensive Free-range Grazing Hobby Intensive animal crop Natural Orchard Organic Ranching Sharecropping Slash-and-burn. Agriculture study is related to Agribusiness Agricultural engineering Agricultural science Agroecology Agroforestry Agronomy Animal-free Crop diversity Ecology Livestock Mechanisation Permaculture Sustainable.
The B.Sc.(Agr.) degree differs from a B.Sc. degree in that the courses focus on agriculture: for example, the student will study agricultural economics rather than economics. Like engineering or forestry, agricultural science courses are infused with practicality. The B.Sc.(Agr.) degree is normally not a general degree but requires specialization: for example, majoring in animal science, plant protection, soil science or agricultural engineering. There are also variations on the theme: for example, the Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (BAgrEc) degree. Here these special subjects are offered to study in this field likewise Agronomy, Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Agricultural Economics, Extension education, Genetics and Plant Breeding, Soil Science, Food technology.
B.S or MSc Agriculture Eligibility Criteria Career and Scope in Pakistan
- M.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (Horticulture)
- BS / B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture degree (4-years) major in Horticulture.
- Minimum 14 years of education with BSc/BSc (Hons) 3-Years/BSc (Ed) three years with Botany in combination with any one of the following subjects:
- Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biotechnology/Molecular Biology/Physiology/Environmental Sciences/Genetics/Zoology/ Agriculture/Bioinformatics.
Career And Scope:
Agriculture graduate can find their future career in these high paying institutes, departments, and organizations’
- Ayub Agricultural Research Institute (AARI)
- National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE)
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture and Biology (NIAB)
- National Agricultural Research Centre (NARC)
- PCSIR Laboratories
- National Institute of Health (NIH), Islamabad
- Nuclear Institute for Food and Agriculture (NIFA), Peshawar
- Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission
- Agricultural Research Institutes
- Punjab Food Authority
- Food Testing Laboratories
- Pakistan Dairy Development Board
- Dairy Pakistan
- Food Certification Organizations
- Export Promotion Bureau of Pakistan
- Public Analyst Laboratories
- Tehsil Management Authorities
- Provincial Food Departments
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Airports and Seaports
- Food Inspector
- Food Analyst
- Health Institutions as Dietitian
Agricultural Sciences offers M.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (Horticulture) degree program. The degree comprises of four semesters. In the first two semesters subject related courses are offered and in the 3rd and 4th semesters, students have to complete thesis research.